FWIW, I had a Pismo battery rebuilt in Taipei by an electronics shop - cost was 3000 NT (~US$ 95)

The battery leds no longer work, but battery did not need recalibration; after rebuilding, the battery life display showed the same time remaining as before, around one hour, but it would discharge to zero, but Pismo would keep operating for much longer. Each time I recharged, the battery would show a longer capacity - now showing just under 5 hours, on a G4 Pismo 550 Mhz 10.3.7. That is with the lower capacity cells than the ones in the 7200 mah batteries - maybe 2000 or 2200 mah (cells are 3 parallel gangs of 3 in series)

        Have not done discharge time test, will do and advise.

YMMV.