On 13-Feb-05, at 12:37 PM, Amber R. wrote:

Not a problem at home (although a major hassle !) but when on an airplane or bus or even at a cafe, I cannot let it fall asleep or that's it unless I have access to a power outlet.

Yeah, mine freaked out during the blackout a year and a half ago, because it was asleep and plugged in, then suddenly no power...

It had no issues with it not waking up from sleep if I put it to sleep while on battery power, or put it to sleep plugged in and then pulled the plug out of the Powerbook, only if I pulled the plug out of the wall still attached to the machine.

This was the 12" aluminum one, I don't recall a friend's 15" TiBook having any issues with sleeping and waking up while on battery power, though it may never have been unplugged from the wall when the plug was still in the computer.