I think they kept the ThinkPad division, not sure.  Anyway, ThinkPads have
been made in China for the last four years, so I suspect nothing will change
other than the location of the headquarters.

ThinkPads have always been profitable, but my take is that IBM wants to sell
eCommerce solutions, which laptop and desktop PCs don't really fit into.

Andrew