Hello jim
Wow, yeah, the problem seems to occur when I have opened Safari (of course,
that's when I want to gain quick access to downloaded files on the desktop
using expose), but also when I have openend several other apps, such as the
terminal, entourage and vectorworks... But with just acrobat or indesign
open, expose works just fine... So maybe it's a very mixture of both of the
answers, maybe having openend some apps causes expose to use a part of the
memory that is maybe faulty (which of course can be) - maybe by swapping
expose out?

But for now, I just switched expose off, I'm currently praying the RAM isn't
faulty and yeah...thanks for all your replies
thomas