Ability to take apart is big selling point for IBM ThinkPads, Panasonic
Toughbooks
and Toshiba Tecras, at least in the old days (don't know about the new ones).
For
example, to remove the hard drive from most IBMs, it only takes one screw that
is
sized and shaped to remove with a coin.

Apple has the right idea with the memory and airport cards being easily
accessible,
but 30+ screws and an engineering degree should not be required to swap out a
hard
drive.  I know, because I had to pay $80 to have an Apple tech do it for my 12"
PB
last year.  At least the new ones all come with humungous and fast drives.

Andrew