There is a saying; the more I meet people the more I like my dog,
well, mine is the more I use PCs the more I love my Mac(s)...

In my "world" money is an OBJECT!
I run a couple of macs at a sever budget. PeeCees at the same price I pay for my macs would be serious "crap".

I just went out an picked up a 12" 867 used PowerBook. WOW... The overall speed and "feel" is a little better then my G4-500 for a price just less than a new 12" ibook.

The battery is "new" and the aluminum case needs a little wipe to look like new. This thing is PERFECT! It is just too sexy...
My apple dealer did screw me for a $30 CND VGA video adapter. I clearly said, "I want the older powerbook for the dual monitor capability over a new iBook". He said yes, it comes with all the required video adapters. Now he is denying the conversation ever happened and he wants me to order the adapter...

With this in mind, I still prefer the Powerbook 12" over my 15" P-3 1.2 Gig Dell Laptop. Hands Down... this thing runs sooooo much nicer.

Quick Question... Why cripple the CPU cache on the laptops? My "old" G4 has a 1MB cache and this thing has only 256K????

The faster bus speed and clock speed are "crippled" with such a small cache?

Go for a powerbook!!!