I actually am not going to connect my powerbook to the laserwriter, instead
I want to connect it to my "office" beige G3...for large text document
output.

My office system has just a scanner, and this printer which use serial ports
I have a cd burner, which is an old one but new for me but it has a
differnet cable than the 25 or 50 pin of my late model scsi devices.

When i acquired the cd burner it came with the necessary cable and a
converter/adapter for this new kind of cable so that I could covert it into
a 25 pin for the next device on the chain.

I rememeber that to daisy chain my devices, I must assign SCSI ID's for
them. I also remember that there was a best order in the chain, terminating
the last device.

My problem is I don't have another one of these cables, plenty of the
others, and I don't know what it is called so that I can go to circuit city
and get another cable and another adapter/coverter.

can you tell me
1] the best order of devices in the daisy chain,
2] which will be the last to terminate and
3] the name of this kind of cable, on the cable adapter end it says
50HD-25D.

thanks for any tech noggin you can do...

kristina