Recently acquired a new HP 7660 printer on eBay for next to nothing, but there's one issue I can't resolve.

With the printer connected to the USB port on my Lombard 333 running 10.2.8, if the computer goes to sleep, it refuses to reawaken, forcing one to use the "three finger" restart.

This behavior seems isolated to only this HP printer -- although I don't have another USB printer on hand to try. However, it doesn't occur with any other device (scanner, Palm cradle, external HD, etc) plugged into a USB port. It occurs with either port. I've also tried a powered hub, with the same result...without the printer connected, it sleeps and reawakens normally.

Repairing permissions makes no difference. I've installed the latest HP printer driver, with the same result.

While this is more of an annoyance than a Big Deal, it's a PITA to have to remember to disconnect the printer every night before putting the Lombard to sleep. I guess I could just set it to never sleep, but I've always been under the impression that increases wear and tear on the HD.

Anyone else come across this?  Any ideas I haven't thought of?

Thanks,

Brian