On Mar 8, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Bruce Ryan wrote:

Will OSX be as slow as I fear, even with the bigger hard disk and more RAM?

Panther runs great on the Pismo for most any task! With more RAM and a bigger HD yours will do great. Are you getting a faster HD: 5400, 7200? I hear that helps, but I had not tried it on my Pismo.

Now that I have my PBG4 1.67GHz I see how slow my Pismo runs in comparison - and wow - the print sure is big on the Pismo (haha)! I still love hanging with my Pismo in the easy chair, surfing the web, while my PBG4 sits in the office (the Pismo fits better on my lap desk).

Pismo 400MHz, OS X 10.3.8, 768MB RAM, 30GB HD
15" PBG4 1.67GHz, OS X 10.3.8, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD

Turtle-Bear