on 12/03/05 13:59, Anne Judge at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Sort of OT - but it is on my PB 17" -
>
> The application associated with zip files somehow got changed to Zipit.
>
> I tried to change it back so that the system would unzip files when I
> double-click on them, but I can't find how to do that (and I couldn't
> figure out a google search that will get me the information I need).
>
> Only applications are listed as options in the "open with" selection in
> the "get info" box.  I did change it to stuffit, which is better than
> zipit, but I'd rather not have an app open at all!  Plus I'd like the
> neat zipper icons back.
>
> Am I missing something?  Usually I'm the one who knows all the trivia
> about how to get the Mac to do what I want, but I just can't figure
> this one out.

Try associating them with Stuffit Expander. That's what I have. When I
download one of these files, Stuffit Expander launches automatically,
uncompress the file then quit quietly...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

case and paste n.: [from `cut and paste'] 1. The addition of a new feature
to an existing system by selecting the code from an existing feature and
pasting it in with minor changes. Common in telephony circles because most
operations in a telephone switch are selected using case statements. Leads
to software bloat.