Hi what book is it going into?

because you can strip down the orinoco cards.

my i book has an orinoco card with the black end cap removed.
I removed the ibook airport card retaining clip and put a piece of electrical tape on the under side of the keyboard where the card touches, also on the metal base under the keyboard. placed the card in and it sits on the shelf part of the book nicely, connected up the antenna the put back the keyboard. you get a very slight rise in the center of the keyboard, but it does not touch the screen when closed and you need to keep the center locking catch for the keyboard locked to hold it in.

It has worked fine since i done it in November last year no problems and i never turn the ibook off (just to sleep). and i use the airport software under X to run it.

vicki.