I've never really used OS 9 since I switched in 2001 back when 10.1 was just
released.  My first Mac was a G4 867 tower and it booted into OS 9 but I
wanted to see what OS X was all about to I restarted it and never went back.
All of the software that I've purchased has been for OS X.  My desktop is a
20 inch G5 iMac....I think I told you and I only use OS X on it....never run
classic and don't have classic installed on either.
When I bought the iBook, I knew that 256 wasn't enough, so I bought an
additional 512....it was a bit of a challenge installing it as you need a
'tiny' screwdriver to do it....had to go out and buy one.  But once I got
it, it was easy.
Yes, I knew that there was an OS 9 (classic) install on the other disk.  My
other OS 9 installation disks are for G4's and say so on the disk.  So, I
don't think you could use them to install on anything else.
Since switching from PC, I have become a true Mac Addict!

Take care,

Tim