On Mar 14, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Jason wrote:

phone.. had it working with my powerbook and a motorola v551, but now for some reason, it get to authentication, and hangs up, I called cingular five times, each time they tried something else on their side, and nothing seems to work, could I need to do something to the mac? Now, remember, with the settings in place, I had it work in the past.. I tried turning the bluetooth on the powerbook off and on, and still no dice, and I have power cycled the phone dozens of times, still just does not want to connect anymore... any thoughts?

I ran into this exact problem. What I did to solve it was connecting without using Quicklink Mobile. Panther can work with a phone as a modem if the settings are correctly inputed. To do this, bring up the Network dialog box under System Preferences. Under "Location" select either "Wireless Internet Express" or just "Wireless Internet" and under "Show" select "Wireless Device". The Service Provider, Account Name, etc. should already be inputed, if QuickLink Mobile was already installed. If not, call Cingular and they should know what info to put in. For example, my account name is: [EMAIL PROTECTED] The number to dial is: 18472549270

The line Cingular gave me to the cause of this problem is due to the fact that they are upgrading all of their cell sites to Edge, the broadband standard which will eventually replace GPRS connections. Hope this helps,

THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER