Thank you, Ken--that sounds like something I should be able to try for
myself. Much appreciated, Kerry

-----Original Message-----
From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:57 AM
To: G-Books
Subject: Re: anyone familiar with this problem?

My Reply follows quote. On 15/03/2005 06:51
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
said:

>Thanks Bruce--it's a Wallstreet (thanks VERY much for laying the
>options out, too).
>The first time the problem occurred, I rebooted immediately (I was
>still able to see enough of the menu at the top of screen to do
>this). After Irebooted, the screen actually showed up worse--it was
>still covered in dotted lines, with the icons unrecognizable, but
>now the menus at the top had all but disappeared. I had forgotten
>the keyboard commands to shut down so had to leave the machine for
>several days until I got the keyboard combination.
>Next time I rebooted, using the keyboard, was 5 days later, and at
>first things looked hopeful: however, while the screen had almost
>cleared, it still showed two short black dotted lines almost halfway
>down it. Plus, there were "pulsating" dotted lines at the very top
>and bottom of the screen. (Ordinarily, I probably wouldn't have even
>noticed these, but by now I'm looking for every little aberration.)
>After I logged on, and began scrolling down the first page of the
>site I was on, the problem started all over. A mass of dotted lines
>the text and graphics.
>replaced Hope that gives some insight.
>Kerry
---------
In the trouble shooting section, I can only find this similar sounding
trouble:

13.3" screen flickers
or shows intermittent
vertical lines

Carefully squeeze the upper left side of the display bezel. If the
problem disappears, dispatch unit for display cable replacement
(13.3" displays only). Do not replace I/O logic board or display.

Ken

 Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished Drives

 -- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks  |  & CDRWs on Sale!