Dennis Reeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have a Pismo 500.  Everything works just hunk dory.  But I
>occasionally get the 'pink screen'.  Starts in the lower left hand
>corner and in its worse case it stretches up about 2 inches into the
>screen.  Sort of fans out from the corner.
>
>Does not matter if the Pismo is running on batteries (a 6600mAh 10.8v
>Li-Ion) or if it is plugged in.  Doesn't matter if its on my desk at
>home or somewhere else.  Does not appear on a fresh start up.  Only
>appears after the Pismo has been awakened from sleep mode.
>
>Screen is fine.  No missing pixels.  I do have a Belkin 54g wireless
>card inserted into the pc slot.
>
>So what's the diagnosis?  Will it get worse?  Can it be repaired?
>Expensive?  DIY or best left to an Apple tech person?

I once read a report of someone's pink screened Lombard being cured with
an nvram reset. While it seemed unlikely, ever since then I've been dying
to see if there's anything to the idea. Care to give it a try?
Use the OpenFirmware nvram reset commands:

Startup into OpenFirmware by holding down key combo cmd-opt-O-F right
after startup.
at prompt type
 "reset-nvram" (without quotes of course, and then enter)
it'll say "OK"
 "reset-all" (and enter)
and it'll restart

This will probably have no effect on your screen, but then again . . . ?

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700
hotline://dankephoto.dhs.org:9500