Many thanks again Bruce & Malcolm. Sounds like the cost may not be too
horrific?
That brings me to another Q before I hit the Internet/Yellow
Pages---might anyone happen to have a recommendation for a reasonably
priced G3/Wallstreet repairer within the city of Chicago (not the
suburbs--I don't have wheels), or failing that, a mail-in repair
company? (I did come across one on the net that sends you the box, picks
up and gives you an estimate for $79, but I didn't keep the name and now
can't find them again).
I have seriously thought about attempting it on my own, after looking at
the reassuring pbfixit site & guides--it would save $$$, plus it's
tempting to test my skills or lack of them in a live-dangerously sort of
way.  But knowing how inexperienced I am, common sense prevails--I
really need to get someone experienced to do it as time is of the
essence.
Thanks again! I really appreciate it! Kerry

of a
bad cable or cable connection. Better than the alternative, which is
that the video ram is failing, in which case it's new logic board time
for you.<<<<<

Get it opened up and check the cables.<<<<<