On Mar 13, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

on 13/03/05 14:20, Dennis B. Swaney at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Is it possible to have a different screen resolution for a different account?

Our user group has a projector that requires a lower resolution than
the native one of my 15" Powerbook. I's like to not have to change
the resolution back-and-forth manually.

I thought that this could be handled by using the Location Manager,
but that seems to be just for networking.

I think that the resolution is across all accounts. But you can have the
display system-wide menu in the menu bar and you can then switch from any
application.

-Laurent.
--

The resolution is not across all accounts. When you are logged into your account, set your resolution using the Monitor Menu in the menu bar, as I agree with Laurent that it is a good idea to have the monitor menu available there. Log out of your account, and log into a different account. Set the resolution for that account accordingly. Whenever you log into an account, Mac OS X will "remember" which resolution the account was set at. My grandmother, for example, has a 17" flat panel iMac. She has trouble seeing the screen. Her account is set at 800x600. My account on her computer is set at 1280x1024, and my brothers account on her computer is set at 1152x870, while my grandpa, who can barely see anything, has his account set to 640x480. I did notice, though, that the login window will stay at the resolution for the account most used.

Hope this helps.

Zoltan

THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER