On 18-Mar-05, at 11:02 PM, Brian Stewart wrote:

In addition, unless people choose other suppliers for RAM Apple will keep
their artificially high prices instead of getting real and be
competitive.

Apple has never been "friendly" to its customers, apple just wants to sell hardware at a premium. The ishuffle and the minimac are some of apples best attempts of selling hardware for the rest of us. The e-mac and g3-imacs are also very good. I compare the Mac to the BMW.

Ever buy windshield whippers for a Beemmer? You are in for shocking surprise...

Ever buy a $5.00 chocolate bar from a hotel in room bar fridge? A 75 cent chocolate bar for 5 bucks!!!

Some companies want to sell 10 items for a dollar, some companies want to sell 1 item for 10 dollars. Guess what boat Apple's in.

Anyways back to the bug. I took back the cheap K-Byte 333 DDR memory and installed a $30 dollar more Kingston 400 DDR memory stick and all is well...

Just a heads up...