On Mar 24, 2005, at 2:36 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

Are you running OS X? If so, are you sure your email address is properly
identified in the Print & Fax preferences?

Yes and yes.

If you're receiving a fax, it is possible, since your DSL is down that when
the OS X fax software received the fax and tried to send the notification,
there were no network, since the phone line was used to receive the said
fax.

So the OS doesn't use Mail to create that email? (If it did, it would sit in my Out box until I went online again.)

Thinking about this, it's kind of weird, unless one has both a DSL connection and a phone line plugged into the Mac (which would tie me to my desk, rather than my usual roaming around my house using Airport). A fax comes in, over the only line available, and the OS tries to send an email by some means other than the default email program. It can't, and generates no error message?

Not how I would have programmed it, but they didn't ask me.

 I would suggest you try again when your DSL line is up again.

-Laurent.
--

Ah, but then I won't need it. Since I have to use the fax phone line to get online while the DSL is out, I want to receive faxes on the PowerBook. Once the DSL is back, I'll plug the phone cord into the fax machine again.

Thanks,

Harry

Empower Your Future
<www.harry.concordeworldwide.com>