Hello all,

I'm new to this list but I've been on the swap-list for years.

A client of mine has me investigating something strange on his Lombard, 333/512MB OS 9.2.2

Proxim Skyline 802.11b PC Card for Notebooks

I just did a re-format and re-install of 9.2.1 and updated to 9.2.2

Next, I installed the drivers at http://www.proxim.com/support/all/orinoco/software/ dl2002_orinoco_client_r72_macos.html

but the setup utility can't find the card, nor does the 'wireless' LED on the card light up.

I've tried zapping PRAM and resetting power manager, and going back to 8.6 with the stock CDs too.

I also tried the IOXperts generic wifi drivers (www.ioxperts.com) which also didn't report seeing a card.

Lastly, I tried a NetGear 802.11b Wireless PC Card (MA 401), which also wasn't recognized.

Anyone have any tips? Is there a way to 'reset' the PC Card slot? I can't seem to find a way to make sure it's getting power.

Thanks,
-=Dennis=-