My mom just upgraded her Pismo from 10.2.8 to 10.3.8. Now she is not getting her desktop: all she can get is a generic screen with a Dock at the bottom. She can only open the apps that are in the Dock; if she opens one she can get the apple at the upper left and things that are under there; but there is no triangle under Finder, and no window comes up when she clicks Finder. The only things she can see are windows from apps that are running in the Dock. I know she has a real desktop in there somewhere because I had her take and email me a screenshot, and in her email app she can navigate to her desktop, but we can't figure out how to get it to show on her screen.

How can she get into her real desktop? I've had her log out and log in again but it's the same. Any info greatly appreciated. She's in NC and I'm in NH so I am trying to troubleshoot this long distance.

TIA,

Beverly