Is this DSL modem wireless?  Since you said that you have your iBook
connected wirelessly, I'd assume so.  My simple answer (if all of the above
is true) would be to get airport cards for the other Macs and then connect
them all.
As for the Airport Base Station:  I love mine.  Works great and is nice to
look at plus I get a good signal throughout the house (2500 square feet),
though I did purchase an Airport Express to boost the signal to the back of
the house.

Tim

--
Exterminate all rational thought.