lupsyn said:

>Mhhh.... with 64mb (Ram) and 2gb (hd) ?

get another 64MB or even better 128. I mean, can it be more than $10 in
total or even free? I sold my 2 remaining 64's for $5 each. Then install
a very basic adapted system and remove all asian fonts and run
delocalizer. The BSD subsystem will take a few hundred MBs of course.
Shouldn't need to take more than 800 MB or even less if you shave off
good, leaving a GB for apps and data (200 MB or more should be free).
Also install Panther, not Jaguar with the help of XPostFacto. For me, on
a WSII/ 266, the experience was so much better, especially from a UNIX
standpoint.
I had 128MB for several months and Panther compared to Jaguar was much
improved.

If you don't want this route and it has to be another UNIX, I'd  go for
Darwin or FreeBSD myself, but I made my choice 5 years ago regarding what
UNIX to use and that remains Mac OS X. I suppose it depends on what you
want to achieve.