I have a Titanium Powerbook 667.  Never really had an opportunity to
use the firewire port on it until now.  Just got myself a 15Gb iPod
and it is having a very weird issue.  If I plug the iPod into my
Firewire port it will only charge, it will not sync.  I have to plug
the iPod into my USB2 card in order to sync.  Let me answer this right
off the bat...YES, I am using the proper cable.  The iPod came with a
firewire cable which I use and get the result above.  I went out and
bought one of those USB2/Firewire combo cable, plugged in just the
USB2 cable and boom it syncs.  Tried just the firewire part of the new
cable and same thing, it will charge but not sync.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Orlando Mac Geek