Fra: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] På vegne av Malcolm
Cornelius
Sendt: 4. april 2005 14:14
Til: G-Books
Emne: Re: SV: iBook screen went black

> This is the G4 iBook, 1.2 Ghz, 12" - new November 2004.

Take it into Apple for repair ?

> the _screen_ itself that goes  black or very dark, not the machine
> that isn't powering up. It is on, the light on the screen is just out.
> The book is on, and works correctly I think, only the light on the
> screen does not work. I can see what is on the screen vaguely if I
hold
> it up against the light, just enough to see the cursor so I can manage
> to turn it off, re-start or something like that

Backlight not working.

Could be the bulb, inverter board or most likely the cable which goes
thru
the RH hinge.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk

 Small Dog Electronics    http://www.smalldog.com  | Refurbished Drives

 -- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks  |  & CDRWs on Sale!