Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:41:58 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: free web hosts
From: Kristina Rost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

on 4/4/05 8:55 PM, CR at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a WiFi connection
to a tower on top of a nearby mountain.

How can I find a WiFi connection to a tower out here in a soon to be cornfield?

Kristina
now an ebay seller and needing dsl

Cliff & Kristina,
It sounds like Cliff's ISP uses the Motorola Canopy WiMax system. I just signed up with a local ISP that is fielding it here in my area of California; the install is in a couple of weeks. When they were testing to see the signal strength, the connection speed was around 450 Kbps, IIRC, much better than my 28.8 Kbps connection on dial-up, and this was 13.8 miles from their access point on Boomer Mountain.

Cliff, does anything on this site look familiar? http://motorola.canopywireless.com

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is ... oh, never mind."