on 06/04/05 23:03, Nima at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have this G3 Wallstreet with battery issues. The battery is not dead
> because I got a brand new one and a separate charger--I can charge the
> battery and see the machine recognize it and use the charge, but it
> won't recharge the battery.
>
> When I turn off the computer, it remembers all the settings and what
> not, so long as either it is plugged in or a charged battery is
> installed. Otherwise, it is as if I have reset the PRAM.
>
> Anyone know what part I need to change to solve the problem? Thanks!

This sounds a little bit like dirty or bad contacts. You would have to take
the Wallstreet apart to get to the DC charge board, I think, just underneath
the palm rest. It might also be the Power Management Unit. And, it looks
like you PRAM battery is dead or is not charging.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.