Muddle Man said:

>What got confusing is when Apple stopped making Macs
>that could boot into OS 9 and could only run Classic
>Mode. In those cases OS 9 was actually installed last,
>not first. Takes a little getting used to.

I'd like to point out that some of the earliest models claimed by Apple
to be OS X boot only, can boot with the OS 9 CD that came with the early
iMac flatpanels. I only tried this on one machine, which I think was a
"Mirrored Drive Doors", but I'm not 100% certain as this was some time
ago. It worked anyway, but the user choosed to go OS X, so I'm not sure
how well it would have worked with everything in the long run.
Anyone else have tried this?