I have a Mainstreet and a Lombard, both in good shape. I want to upgrade one of them for everyday use until I can afford a new laptop.

I have 2 uses other than normal stuff:

1. I have an ap that uses a 2nd monitor (or TV) for general use by an audience. If you *must* know, it's a karaoke ap. Say what you will ;) It also uses an external firewire hard drive. I have a Newer Firewire cardbus card.

2. I want to be able to watch DVDs when I take the train across country.

I can upgrade the Lombard's cpu by sending it in.

I can upgrade the Mainstreet's cpu by purchasing an upgrade and installing it myself.

I'm not even sure if you can upgrade a Mainstreet to watch DVDs, or if they make an internal (slide-in) DVD drive for them.

Suggestions, thoughts?