> <http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/>
>
> Mine did that. Very un-nerving experience. Find out if
> your serial number matches the range in this kb
> article.

They all do.

It covers all G3s.

> If so, call Apple and arrange a dispatch.
> They will send you a box via DHL overnight. You box it
> up and send it off. It'll be back inside three days.
> And you'll get a new logic board to boot.

Only if they agree it is the video chip at fault and there is no other
issue.

AND you are not in UK.

We have to take ours to a dealer.

Who may 9 weeks later tell you that you have a non-repairable fault.  Which
is in fact a screen fault they caused, fixed by reseating the data cable in
the LCD - or I could have accepted their 750 USD repair quote.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk