My Reply follows quote. On 14/04/2005 07:00 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I have a similiar situation of connecting my Laserwriter II NTX, circa 1989
>and still going to my G3 beige OS8.6.  This printer has a scsi 1 connection
>that needs to connect to next peripherial in my daisy chain, my cd burner, a
>scsi 2 (HD50).
--------
Hmmm. I thought that the SCSI connector was for connecting a hard drive
for print server functions. The serial port is used for printer
connections to a host through AppleTalk.

>From <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=24474>

"The Apple Desktop Bus (ADB) connector is not used on this printer. The
25-pin connection allows serial communication with a DOS/Windows
computer; you can change communication rates and protocols via the Switch
Bank. The mini DIN-8 connector allows AppleTalk communication with Mac OS
compatible computers via LocalTalk connectors. The SCSI connector is used
for external hard drives to store downloaded font files; the SCSI
connector is not used for SCSI printing directly from a Macintosh. This
printer does not support simultaneous communications."

Ken