well, that's exactly my point: the RAM is from the same manufacturer, has
exactly the same electrical characteristics than the 256 modules that came
with my PB G4, therefore if it works on one machine (as it does) and not on
the other there's something wrong with the machine and/or OS design.

Making machine-upgrades more user friendly could gain apple quite a few
extra clients (and avoid loosing a few along the way).

cheers, gianfranco

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail