No transformer needed, just adapter plugs. You can get a world-wide adapter
kit at apple.com - or just buy an adapter in whatever country you land,
which is how I built up my collection. They're easy to find at any drug

Sorry for the subject, but I have the feeling that I can give a
worthwhile contribution.

Before leaving your country go to an home appliance shop shop and buy
the following TWO things:

1_female plug for the male plug of the adaptor power cord

2_an electric wire

Put them together, so that you have at one end with the female plug
and at the other end the free wires (usually 3: the ground, usually
yellow and green, and the two phases)

Once you get to the destination country just buy a local male plug al
a local shop.

You are done!

No need to buy weird kits of doubtful quality!

Ben

Yikes! Sounds like a good way to nullify the warrantee on a PowerBook to me. What if there are four wires, and they are red and yellow, black and white? Explain to your client in China or Pakistan why you need to go to the local hardware store... then remember where you bought that one.

The "weird kit of doubtful quality" was, as I mentioned, made by Targus and sold at CompUSA, Best Buy, etc. This was a one-time purchase that forever took care of all of my husband's travel needs, rather than stopping at a local store in every country to which he travelled. The man has been across six continents with never a hardware problem. Often his trips were in-and-out, back to the airport, and on to the next client in the next country. I'm thinking that this purchase might even be cheaper in the long run than buying individual adaptors as you need them, especially if you'll do quite a bit of travel to many countries.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but I think your plan might be a little risky.

Claire