On 17-Apr-05, at 6:25 AM, Kevin Bellerose wrote:

Expansion modules, the ability to run two batteries. Not to mention Pismo's
don't dent or chip and the hinges are a bit better. You can upgrade the
pismo to a 900 G3 or 550 G4. I have a G4 500 with 1 gig of ram 60 gig Hd, it
is a great machine.

Kev

I don't doubt that the prismo is an excellent machine BUT my experience with apple tells me to always get the latest and greatest unless you want to run Mac OS 9.2 or some sort of 3rd party software to run the latest version of X. Don't jump down my throat because Mac OS 10.X.X runs on it or not. Mac/Apple have never made great attempts at remaining backwards compatible with older hardware. I could have picked up a G3 Powerbook that would run 10.2 and possibly 10.3 a couple of weeks ago for a good price. But will 10.4 or run on it and if it does, how well will it run.

In my opinion, ALWAYS get the best/latest you can afford in any computer because in a couple of years it will be outdated. In the case of laptops, parts to repair them get harder to obtain by the minute.

Brian