Is there a cheap, inexpensive (actually that should read FREE) way of
syncing a folder between a laptop and a tower?

I would like to be able to take my laptop wherever, do some work and
then when I come home and get back onto my LAN the machines
automatically sync the changes or additions I've done.  Or vice
versa....work on the tower, open the laptop to go and the folders sync.

I tried a demo of You Synchronize awhile back and it trashed files that
I didn't want trashed...and I really took my time to figure out how to
do it.,  So, I either made a mistake or something was wrong.  Of
course, i emailed their support and get no response.

So....any suggestions?

thx

--
Kevin Thomas
www.kevinthomas.org

Kevin,

Take a look at SilverKeeper. I've been using it for about a year.

Support was great, especially considering its free. I got a response the same day as my question.

I use it for backup, but a quick read of the manual shows it has the capability to sync a folder between computers.

Let me know how you like it if you give it a try.

Dan-