I purchased the 2430 DL and it works perfectly.  You really ought to
research a printer before you buy it.

This reminded me that I should report back on my printer experience.
I had asked about inkjet printers here and on the Thinkpad list and based on several comments I got a Brother MFC 420 CN color printer, copier and fax.
So far it prints over the wireless 80211b network from the Lombard G3 (OS 9.2) as well as over ethernet from the desktop that dare not speak it's name (WinXP). The Thinkpad didn't have enough disk space for the whole print/fax/scan software package but Brother was considerate enough to provide a non-network print/scan driver for direct USB connection.
I haven't got the scanner or fax to work wirelessly on the Lombard though I haven't tried real hard.
"Facsimile" shows up as an option in the Word98 print menu and the scanner shows up as a twain device in Graphic Converter.
All in all I'm happy, the only downside seems to be the limited paper tray capacity (120 pages). This doesn't bother me since I don't print large amounts. Besides the printer is so small it sits on a corner of my desk which makes adding paper easy.

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor