2-phase power as in two phases, neutral and earth?

As in two hot and one neutral, 110VAC RMS from each hot to neutral, 220VAC RMS from hot to hot.

Bzzzzzztt. Wrong answer! What you have is plain old 220 single phase

To the poor person who started this thread and just wants some adaptors, I was just kidding when I asked about the wires being red & yellow, black & white. Those are actually lyrics from a children's Sunday School song. My point was that it might not be such a good idea to rewire your plug in every country, or to go to a hardware store in every country for an adaptor, especially if even the most knowledgeable people in that field (on this list) have differing opinions. Just go to
http://www.geodatasys.com/travel.htm
and see their collections. I don't know anything about this site. Google brought it up. My husband bought the Travel Connection Kit (bought it locally). He traveled so much that his passport had to be sent off to have more pages added for visa stamps (really). This kit worked every time in every country.

To the person who commented that this is a male thing, my husband has a shopsmith, a radial arm saw, a table saw, and a bunch of hand-held tools as well, all in the "male thing" category, although I use the radial arm saw from time to time, all by myself. (How do you spell the noise that Tim Allen made in "Home Improvement?")

Incidentally, Targus does have a recall for the all-in-one universal adaptor.
http://www.targus.com/us/recall_powerplug.asp
Looks handier than the Kit - too bad it is recalled.

In looking at the subject line, I am reminded that the original poster was asking about European PowerBooks. I don't know if this kit is a worldwide universal kit, or if it's assuming you are starting with an "American-plugged" product and going from there. If your plug is different, then you might need a different collection of adaptors. Go to Targus' site for starters, key in your country, and see what you can find.

Claire