I would bet the power pack (the line that runs from the Power Book to the
electrical plug) is failing. I had the same occurrence and followed the same
advice as below.

Avoid that advice. Buy a new power pack. Apple's replacement goes for $80.
You can get those cheaper at

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Micro%20Accessories/ACADPTG4/
http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ACA
UTOG4-IB2001&Category_Code=ACCACAUTOADPT&Product_Count=4

The power pack is reason number 4 why I regret buying laptop from Apple.
They make a solid desktop system, the Cube notwithstanding. Laptops? They're
dogs.