on 4/26/05 12:49 PM, Rick McCutcheon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> Just getting used to a Mercury TiBook and notice that the space bar
>>> has
>>> to be hit right smack in the middle for it to work. etc.
>>
>> There should be some kind of rod underneath the space bar. You could
>> try to
>> pry it off and make sure it is snapped properly to both sides of the
>> key.  etc.
> Thanks for this.  Before I start prying on anything, does anyone have
> experience with the Mercury keyboard? etc.
>
> Rick

I have pried keys off of 4 full size keyboards, 1 Duo 230 and 1 PB 540
keyboard.  I can usually get them off with my fingers, but I have used a
large bladed screwdriver.

Put your tool or finger under one corner of the key and use slowly
progressive force until it pops off.  Be careful that you are in an area
where you can easily find the spacebar when it pops off.  Keys usually fly
off in unpredictable directions and distance.

Lastly, yes, I have had the same problem.  It was the stabilization wire
underneath as the previous poster noted.

Sincerely yours, Grizzlygiant