My guess is that Stout get these Compac laptops by the truckload for almost
nothing and then rents them for two years to the tune of $2,000, giving the
school about a $1,000 profit.

My daughter got one of these PC's and it was last years model that I could
have purchased outright for $800 or less elsewhere, but even if I did that,
she still had to rent the one from the school.

Tom