My Fellow PowerBook-philes,

I was wondering -- is the RAM on a Wallstreet compatible with the RAM on
a Pismo?

The reason I ask is that I have a relative abundance of Wallstreet RAM
(over 1 gig, split between upper and lower) and I have a Pismo on the
way that only has 192 RAM.

I am tempted to just buy new RAM and max it out cheap-like, but it will
set me back about $180 or so and the idea was to have a cheap Book for
my GF.

(Yes, I ended up getting a Pismo for her .... I decided I wanted to
surprise her by making her games work -- plus, it will impress upon her
the selection of PC software titles also available on Mac.  The goal
here is to win her over to Mac for life -- especially if we end up going
the distance.  [g])

I am already looking at eating about $100 for an airport card, so I'd
rather not push the RAM up to where I could have gotten her an iBook Ice
or something.

Still, it would be ... ironic for her Pismo to be decked out with more
RAM than my brand new 1.2ghz iBook (at 748).  And if I add the 40gig HD
....  hehe.

Oh, one other thing -- how do the size profiles of the Wallstreet and
Pismo compare?

Sincerely,
Pacer the now-broke
"Oh crap, now how am I going to pay for Law School...?"