on 01/05/05 05:37, Dijkwel at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On my daughter's Lombard, running 9.2, I am trying to install OS 10.3.
> Unfortunately, sofar without much succes.
>
> The problem seems to be the RAM: I have 64 MB (the module the Lombard
> came with), 128 MB  and 256 MB modules. While all work fine with OS 9
> (and allow it to be installed), only the original 64 MB module will
> allow me to install either 10.0 or 10.1. If I put in either of the
> expansion modules in the upper slot under 10.0 or 10.1, they work fine
> but if I then attempt to install 10.2 or 10.3, I get stuck somewhere in
> the middle of the installment process.
>
> As 64 MB is too little RAM to install anything above 10.1, I'm
> wondering what to do. In view of the failures of the larger modules to
> accept 10.2 or 10.3, I'm hesitant to buy new RAM. Does anyone out there
> know which seller sells the right stuff or, does anyone have a 128 or
> 256 module lying around unused that I could take over?

10.3 has been notorious to be very picky about RAM. If you really want 10.3
on that Lombard, I'm afraid you'll have to buy new memory. Try to pick
someone who stands behind his products, like Other World Computing. I also
had very good service and excellent prices from "Data Memory System"
<http://www.datamem.com/>.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes
willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian
format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI
problem.