Is there a different power supply I can use with my iBook? The "flying
saucer" style works and is kinda cute, but a bit of a pain to travel with.
Is there a more conventional "brick" style I can use with Irving?

As in Berlin?

From Apple, there are UFO's and the white cubes with the elephant ears. But I'm hearing reports from several people about those overheating....

Several other companies make "universal" adapters that fit as well. This includes "IGO" and Targus. Many are 120V/13v/15v for home/auto/aircraft use.

I'd look to see if any offer long warranties...