Help...SOS...I have a project to do today and I really need my internet to
work...heres my sad story

My dsl is working fine on the beige G3 9.0 upstairs

Downstairs on the Lombard it shows airport signal strength....the card
"blinks" but it will not hold a connection
someone suggested:

> the router's signal is not strong enough where you were trying to use the PB;

but I have not moved the pb...

> check the TCP/IP settings.

I went thru and re selected the configurations->default-rename-> make
active...and it worked...for 40 min and then nada...actually
The scenario was...after I redid the configuration...I thought woo hoo and
left it on and left the house...so nothing moved. When I got back it had
tried to connect 3x and then locked up the PB and the connection was off
again.

> the TCP/IP control panel and see what the IP addresses are,

I have a DCHP server...it's address box is empty...and blinking with a
cursor.

and someone suggested