I'm the guy who asked about over quota on email, and caught a little
flack for asking the wrong kind of question. Sorry, but after a week
of confusion it was you guys that helped. So I'm going to risk asking
another questionable question. I thought I could fill out a
form with my clamshell ibook much the same as I use too with a
typewriter. (I'm working with mac os x 10.3.9) So I scanned the form;
but I can't figure out how to fill it out. It's like trying to type
over a picture. I've probably got over 40 hours into this now and it's
not so much the specific form as it is learning how to do this type of
task. I've even downloaded a trial version of bbedit 8.2. But I'm
lost and it seems I've asked everybody and only gotten blank stares as
a result. Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do? And if so could
someone please tell me how?

Sincerely,
Dennis
P.S.  Thanks to everyone who helped with the over quota thing.  You
made it simple.

I use a little shareware program for filling out forms that are in pdf format. It's called FormMate.
For my limited needs it's worked great. It lets add as many text fields as needed, and insert pictures as well (like a digitized sigtnature, for instance).

As some people have noted, it appears that Tiger brings the capability to do this.
My copy of Tiger is, alas, still in the mail. I expect to get it tomorrow :-)

Luis Sequeira