From: Keith Potter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Stupid Pismo Question
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 10:20:20 -0500

    Hey gang.  I am running a Pismo which is now five years old and it
is really showing a lot of mileage.  I have not been the kindest
computer owner and the demands I have placed on my faithful machine are
showing.  I think it is time to retire the old girl and go with
something new.  The problem is I still really like the Pismo, and I
have a lot of accessories for it--swappable drives, a ton of RAM, a big
hard drive, etc.

What I would really like to do, instead of buying a new PowerBook or
iBook, is buy another Pismo. That way I can keep using all this stuff
I've invested in over the years, and also stick with a familiar
machine. So my question is, are there any Pismos still available for
sale anywhere? Ideally I'd like a new machine that's just been sitting
in somebody's warehouse all these years but I figure that's pretty much
a pipe dream. So I guess I'm probably looking at used machines. The
problem is I have no clue about buying a used computer--how do I make
sure I'm not getting one that's just as beat up as the one I have? Anybody got any ideas?

    Thanks,

    --Keith Potter