But Safari is great! Even better under 10.4. It's really nice to use whatever browser you want....I've tried a few since switching back in 2001 *from* the PC. First thing I did was trash Internet Explorer.
Tried Netscape.....slow and just too much there: mail and composer and the kitchen sink.....no thanks.
I even tried Firefox....it didn't give me the ease of use of Safari.
So, it boils down to this....use whatever browser 'flips your skirt' but MY preference is Safari. I also use Apple's mail app (also better in 10.4), I suppose you recommend Eudora or some such....?
So, calm down and find out what's making your beloved Firefox slow. And, please ignore my suggestion.....after all, that's all it was.

Tim