On May 9, 2005, at 8:09 PM, MARIO RAMIREZ wrote:

I'm going off to college soon  and want to get a
PowerBook G4 for school. I have about $1000 to spend
and would like the 15" screen. Since there are so many
models of PowerBook, I'm very confused. What's the
difference between TiBooks and AlBooks. What's the
best configuration I can do for $1000. Since it's
obviously going to be used, I was thinking eBay.

AlBook is the newer model Powerbook, it superceded the TiBook.. Your best configuration is going to depend entirely on what you can find on e-bay.
--
Bruce Johnson