Tom and Lisa P said at ÒRe: lombard opening case & AC input repair qsÓ.
[12/May/2005 18:33]

 > I believe this is fixable with some soldering.  I think I have done
> this type of repair once or twice for Chuck Seahurst (Chuck, are you
> still on this list ?).  If it is the same repair, its actually quite
> easy.

Sure hope you're right. So far I haven't been able to get to it. I have
been inside to upgrade ram in upper slot & can switch out hd. That's about
it. I do now have a pdf describing disassembly. Last night in the wee hours
I had a bunch of screws out of the plastics, but gave up and replaced them
all before accomplishing anything. I've been inside lots of desktops for
upgrade & repair, but my record with laptops has been dismal- I think only
a lone pb180 survived me.

I assumed any repair at a Mac shop would be more than the unit is worth,
but maybe not? Still the nearest one is about 2 hours away and I think he's
the only game in town. I got this unit off ebay a few months ago for about
$170. I'm only realizing what a deal I got now that I'm trying to replace
it!

Thanks for any suggestions.

bill

__