My Reply follows quote. On 13/05/2005 05:43 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
said:

on 13/05/05 00:16, Tom and Lisa P at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

 If my wallstreet has 4 megs of VRAM, does that automatically indicate
 it has the Rage LT Pro, vs the Rage LT  chipset ?
 In other words, did only the low end 2 meg VRAM unit have the Rage LT
chipset
?

I think you are right. You might want to check with www.everymac.com for the exact specs or in the specs section of the support area on the Apple web site.

-Laurent.
--------
There is one configuration (12.1 TFT, 1 Oct 1998) that has 2MB SGRAM video
and uses the ATI Rage LT PRO.

Wait... which is the better chipset ? The Rage LT or the Rage LT Pro ?

You really need to use the "ID Code" (part of the last 5 or last 3
characters
of the serial number) of the logic board to be sure. You can see the
serial
number just inside the PC card slot.

Board #1 : MCK8163JAB9BAM

Board #2: QT911CNGDW701  Taiwan  4MPDQSUV

Ken

thanks,

Mad Dog